Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mommy Grandma Anya


A few things my Mom taught me along the way:

Always stop to buy lemonade from children at the side of the road

Wear your seat belt

Broccoli is delicious, eat often (Spinach is yummy too)

Don't be afraid to be creative and unique

Children's Christmas dreams can and should come true

Layering

Turn off the TV

Relax and enjoy life

Children's books should be read with gusto, using different voices where applicable

Pursue what makes you happy

Keep your heart healthy

When necessary, play dumb

Dance silly around the kitchen

Set up blind dates. maybe not.

When children 'talk back' spray them with water

Long fingernails give such good back tickles

Humor can dispell a lot of difficult situations

Make friends with your kid's friends

Laugh loudly

Be conscientious of other's and their feelings, say sorry if you need to

Make friendly conversation with strangers in line at the supermarket

Sacrifice

Keep a good perspective on life

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Good advice!

Emily Frandsen said...

my favorites were: when necessary, play dumb and make friends with your kid's friends. i KNOW i've seen you play dumb over the years and i've definitely seen your mom become friends with all your CRAZY friends over the years!

happy mother's day to you and to anya!

Cati said...

Cute.. I like Dance silly in the kitchen... we do that...

Jared and Shelby said...

Christy, it's been a while since I checked in... congratulations on Baby Milo! I hope you're having fun and feeling good. I also have to add that I took notes on the things you learned from your mom and I can see you being the same way... you're both great :)

brittani c. said...

I really like this list. Your mom is very wise...and clever.