Friday, March 07, 2008

Happy List this Week /Life Changes

10. Les and I had a late but fantastic Valentine dinner at Epic - one of our favorite places. There was a great live musician, and the food was superb as always.


9. I know I mentioned it already, but we are finishing our basement bathroom. It should be done in a couple weeks. Just tonight Les jack-hammered the concrete so our plumber can reposition the toilet and tub. It is so exciting to see things rolling along. This poor house of ours has been in a holding pattern for too long.

8. We are highly enjoying Lost being back on TV and soon The Office. I'm hoping Pushing Daisies comes back soon too. Oh and, (gees I'm feeling like a TV junky) we are also watching those talented Mormon kids on American I. I convinced my mom to vote for the first time after explaining the costs involved - and boy did she vote - about 26 times until her fingers got tired of hitting redial. She's a corker.

7. Okay, now that you already know I'm a TV junky I must admit, I love the new technology to watch TV shows online. It has got to be the next best thing to tivo.

6. So now I need to counter balance those TV/lazy posts with the announcement that I have hired a personal trainer. Yikes. Don't expect anything too great. Knowing me, I'll last about 1 month.

5. Les and I refinanced our house and we're saving ourselves several hundred dollars a month! Yahoo!

4. So, of course we immediately went out and bought a new TV...will we ever learn? We are both spenders.

3. I am starting a new job with an employer I was with several years ago and who I loved. It will still be part-time and at home but I won't have to wake up quite so painfully early. I liked the other job, I just kept getting sick because I wasn't getting enough sleep.

2. Our very good friends are now going to be our neighbors. The Glancys are buying a house in Rose Park. We hope you guys like it here as much as we have! And we can't wait for late night game nights and BBQs with you. And maybe even a walking/running partner?

1. Dede and James are also moving back to SLC! It will truly be a summer of lovin' - friend lovin' that is. Don't get the wrong idea.

4 comments:

Dede said...

Fun list! Sounds like good things are going on in the Blake household. We, too, are so excited for the "summer of lovin'" ;) Rose Park is a hot place to live...maybe we'll be next?!

Fancy_Glancy said...

We can't wait either....it will be just like the old days in Bluffdale!

A personal trainer....ooooohhhh, I am excited. I will have to talk to you and get details. I REALLY ruined all my hard work in Florida, Kirk's mom has such a sweet tooth and is not a good "hang-out" partner :)

Games this weekend?

Mis

brittani c. said...

Congrats on the refinancing and the new job. I'm in the middle of season 2 of Lost (all because of Andrew), so I am getting addicted.

The Goughs said...

Hey - you've been busy girl. It sounds like you guys are doing well. Missing the Blakes though. It's been too long.
I like the 10 things. I might just post that on my blog.
Love, Nichole