Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What's for dinner


I have recently rediscovered the salmon at Costco.
I offer you 2 great & healthy salmon meal ideas.

1) Compliments of Colby - Rub and drench the salmon in pesto (costco). Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until it begins to flake a bit. And that's it. Enjoy. (Did I do okay, Colby?)

2) Mix 1/4 cup butter (or substitute olive oil), 1/4 c. soy sauce, 1/2 T Worchestershire sauce, 1/2 t garlic powder and add 1.5 lbs salmon (1/2 of bag). Coat well. Cook on BBQ grill on heavy duty aluminum foil. Baste occasionally with leftover sauce. Cook until juices are white or until salmon starts to flake. Les and I coated it with pepper when it was done, which we thought made it taste just right.

Both are great served with steamed asparagus.

1 comments:

Dede said...

We love the Costco frozen salmon. The second one sounds a lot like my friend's receipe for asparagus. They both sounds tasty!