Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Go Jazz!


I better write this soon before the game tonight... we have Loved watching the very intense Jazz games this last week.  The Jazz are 2-2 with the Lakers and tonight's game is in LA.  Yikes!


On Monday night Les and I decided to go to the Gateway for some errands/dinner.   I was just browsing around Urban Outfitters when I happened to run into Kyle Korver.  In the past I have proven to be very un-cool around "famous" people.  So I am trying to overcome this flaw.  I non-chalantly walked over to him and said: (conversation almost verbatim)
       "I have a question - are you Dutch?"  
He said "Yes, I'm part Dutch."
"I'm Dutch too, and my Grandma told me that in Dutch your last name means 'basket-maker'."
He laughed and said "Yeah, it does."
"Good, because I've been telling people that, and sometimes my Grandma is silly and I don't know if she is being serious." Small pause  "Nice to see you."  And then I gave him my number and walked away.  not.

By the way, isn't this picture of him pimp?  And do you think he took it himself?

I'm sad that Gus wasn't with me.  At that moment Les had him in a different store.  Gus would have freaked out to meet an actual Jazz player.  He is obsessed with basketball - in case you haven't already seen the video.

P.S. On our way home from the Gateway we noticed that the marquee of The Depot read "Kobe is in town, hide your women."  




 

4 comments:

Alicen said...

That's so much better than my "Silver Spoons was my favorite show" line to Rick Schroder. I am blown away with your coolness, Christy! And Darrin is way jealous, too--of your meeting him I mean, but probably he's also jealous of your coolness.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

How cool! I once got to meet one of the BYU players who was considered kindof a hottie when I was there. All I could think to say was "gee, you are tall." D'oh. Jordan got to meet Kyle Korver and Ronnie Price this year through school and Junior Jazz. It's been a fun year for him with meeting the players and then the Jazz being in the playoffs.

I didn't realize you had a blog, I'm going to add you to my feed reader.

Dede said...

Oh my goodness Christy! That is so funny! I love that you talked to him and had a decent conversation. I'm impressed.

brittani c. said...

Why is it that most of us who meet famous people become inarticulate? I always do that. I love that you went up to him to talk about his last name. He looks like Ashton Kutcher's brother...totally pimp.