Friday, November 14, 2008

The Gas Station


A couple days ago I was filling up my gas tank at the local Smith's.   I, along with most of the people there, probably don't understand why the cost of gasoline is going down so drastically (anyone want to fill me in?)  But regardless, I dare say most of us there were in a good mood to be filling our tanks for 1.91/gallon.  (Smith's cost today is $1.85 - I can hardly wait to fill up again)

There were about 3 cars using the pumps, 5 pumps still available, when a suburban pulled up across from me and began waiting for a very old & slow gentleman to finish.  He was having trouble trying to get his Smith's discount to process.  The woman waited.  I looked at her and grinned a kind of - 'what are you doing' grin.  She rolled her eyes in response - like I might be understanding of her frustration.  Did I mention there were 5 pumps available?  She waited another few minutes and then made an audible huff and turned her car towards another pump.   Aren't people weird? 

3 comments:

mfranti said...

...yes, i am weird.

brittani c. said...

I've seen gas prices here in the $1.70ish range. It makes me very happy (and hopeful that it'll continue to drop!).

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I never thought we would see prices below $2 again. Woohoo!