Thursday, August 06, 2009

Kyptonite


I didn't watch The Bachelorette this season. But I followed it loosely through my mom and friends who were enamored with Jill and all the suitors. It is Jill, right? The day after the finale I turned on the TV downstairs while Gus was playing and caught about 30 minutes of a Bachelorette marathon, the episode just before the finale, her final dates with Ed and Kypton. I was only mildly interested and Gus was less than that. He merely popped his head up a few times to look at the screen.

The next day Gus was sitting on the kitchen island as he usually does and happened to put a small mixing bowl on his head, which fit nicely as a helmet. He grabbed a hanger and brandished it into the air proclaiming "I'm Kypton Betty-sword." (Amazing and scary how the name Kypton just soaked into his head - and I have no clue where Betty-sword came from.)

We laughed about it a lot and told a few friends and family. And because of this Gus has continued working with this Betty-sword character. Tonight he found these tights in my closet (purchased with the intent of making sock animals) and Kypton Betty-sword came out again.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That's funny! Do you think it's his variation of Captain Feather Sword from the Wiggles?

Alicen said...

I so needed that laugh. What a hilarious kid!

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff. Gus is one of a kind.
You can blackmail him with that picture when he's fifteen.

Polzic said...

No te olvides que se viene el dia del niƱo, busca las ofertas de ultimo momento en

www.legosargentina.blogspot.com

www.alprecio.com.ar

Gracias!

Emily Frandsen said...

gus is seriously so awesome.