Monday, March 15, 2010

When you go to bed at 6:00 am...

Last night I couldn't bring myself to put my book down...so I went to bed at 6:00 am. Very bad. Here's what I've learned happens when you go to bed at 6:00am.


-You can't possibly find the energy to pull yourself together for the day-catch up, shower up, clean up.

-Your kids will eat fruit loops for breakfast, fruit loops for lunch.

-You wake up from a short nap on the couch at noon to find your baby watching "A Baby Story" and your 3-year-old pouring himself a bath.

-You wake up from another short nap on the couch covered with fruit loops.

-You have to admit to your 3-year-old that you made a bad choice and you are paying the consequences.

-You spend the day living partially in the dreamland that is your book.


9 comments:

Dede said...

dying to know...what book?!

Alicen said...

Ditto what Dede said! Sorry about your day... I hate days like that!

Jessica Marie said...

sorry, that made me laugh. I feel like my days have sorta been like that lately (Haven's not being a good sleeper) so I kind of understand :) What's the book??

Fancy_Glancy said...

Christy....a book? :) Yes, do tell which one.

Christy said...

Hunger Games. I liked it. I have done this several times before, which us why reading is dangerous for me. Jessica, I thought it was funny too actually-and if will be funnier tomorrow than it was today.

Jenn said...

I'm sorry but I laughed through the whole thing! Been there, done that except with a TV show!

brittani c. said...

You'll love Catching Fire...sorry, but it'll do the same thing to you: it's a page turner. Are you on Goodreads? If you are, I want to know what you're reading!

Jenn said...

Loved that you posted!! I have been waiting patiently for a LONG time! Also loved Hunger Games and Catching Fire - worth staying up all night for....

Laughed my head off about the shirt.

Hope you are all well:)

L said...

What a funny post! When you're ready for round two, come borrow Catching Fire from me.

-Lori