Friday, January 11, 2008

Making me Happy

10. I finally got around to cleaning my car after all the holiday hub-bub as well as the Idaho trip. I LOVE a newly cleaned car.


9. Gus has a few new funnies. Lately when I try to reason with him about something for instance - "No, Gus I'm sorry you can't have another cookie because we are going to eat dinner in a few minutes." or "You have to put your shoes on if you want to go anywhere today." His response has been a very mature "Oh."

8. My new work set up... office chair, move over...hello chaise lounge.

7. Have you seen the new American Gladiators? Militia? Hellga? Crush? and of corse Wolf?! Les and I have watched the first few episodes and we laugh our guts off.

6. Juno, of course. It is as good as they all say. I did cry at the end. Next stop - The Great Debaters and The Kite Runner.

5. My newly organized kitchen drawers.

4. My cousin Sheryl, who I mentioned previously as being in China for a stem cell transplant, is back in Utah. The blood clots she's aquired are better treated in the US than China. Things seem to be going well.

3. Les and I spent a day in Provo this week. We combed through several shops that have been featured on YourHeartOut and spent the afternoon with good friends Colby, Amy, and Steven.

2. Gus and I are almost all the way healed after a nasty week of ear infection and strep throat, respectively. It is true - you really don't appreciate being healthy until you've felt sick for a while. Opposition in all things I guess.

1. Tyson is Home! My sister's husband has been in Iraq for the last 10 months and he arrived in Salt Lake last night for a 2 week visit. More to come on this!

4 comments:

Les said...

American Gladiators? You are such a nerd.

brittani c. said...

I love American Gladiators! It almost (not quite) tempts me to pull on some spandex. Don't you just love Hellga?

UtRider said...

Those seeking true spandex inspiration need look no further than the Tour de France. I slip it on almost every day and I can assure you nothing feels better. Well, except possibly freshly shaved legs!

Dede said...

Good list Christy. First, let me warn you about The Kite Runner...SO well made, but oh my goodness. I cried almost the entire movie...James even had to hold back many tears. But, they really did an amazing job.
Second...wahoo for Tyson! So glad he's doing well and that he gets to come home for a visit. I think of Tyson, Nikki and their kids often. I meant to talk to you about it when I was home.
Third, AMERICAN GLADIATORS!!! Can you even believe it. We've watched bits and pieces and died laughing too. I actually loved the original one and would watch it all the time. Classic.