Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Making me Happy

I love reading Ali's "Making me Happy" 10 item list each week. So, I am going to copy her idea (I think she actually got the idea from Domino magazine - so I don't think she'll mind). Here are a few things that I am giddy about this week.


10. My invention of the Chili's carribbean salad for dinner last night- a pretty close duplication if I do say so myself. It's my mom's favorite. Yum.

9. I am loving working from home. My job has worked out so well.

8. Opening the mail today and finding a wedding announcement for my cousin Nathan Simmons (Heather's brother) - whom I didn't even know was getting married. And even better - his fiance looks gorgeous and sweet - exactly what he deserves. The mail also brought my new Domino! Yahoo.

7. My new IKEA dishtowels with gorgeous Christmas patterns - and oh so cheap too! I went to return an item and vowed to Les that I wouldn't buy anything. And then I spotted the towels. I really had to bribe him on that one.

6. Gus's recent ability to say "snooooo" and "ice". He's also been doing his alligator impression a lot lately - no idea why. He's such a cute boy. I can't wait to show him off to Les's family over Christmas.
5. We attended the Forgotten Carols this week with the Larsons- continuing our yearly tradition. They changed the show quite a bit - but I loved the new singer. Jordan something. He has a really powerful voice.

4. The threadless $10 shirt sales this month- we missed the "Now that's Dope. Indeed" Tee last week but we did manage to score the "I listen to bands that don't even exist yet" Tee this week. We also got a good laugh at this Go Japan! Tee.

3. My great idea to throw a party - a breakfasty- brunch party with the girls/moms in the neighborhood. I can't wait to flaunt my quiche recipe, as well as crepes, and cinnamon bundt cake.

2. My ward Christmas party took place on Saturday night and it all went very well. The food tasted really yummy, we had lots of people come - even more than usual. And the best part for me were the decorations - they were beautiful! The corner display with nativity scenes (with moss velvet fabric woven between and pine swags) looked amazing and the tables with IKEA red and white table runners and pine swags as centerpieces were also fantastic! Everyone raved. Even the old ladies who I feared might find it too modern were making comments. It feels funny to have something you've worked hard on for 3 months be over.

1. Christmas is really here. We have bombarded ourselves with music, we put up our tree (which Les insists we leave the lights on all day and night), and now I just have to figure out what I am going to get for Les. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

What???? Why didn't you tell me you had this blog. That's not nice to keep such a good thing from me! I love it! I'm excited to read all about you!

mfranti said...

am i invisible? you had a breakfast-y party for the girls in the 'hood?