Friday, December 14, 2007

My First Snowman

I had no idea when I got married that I had married a snowman-making expert. Seriously Les had this thing made in about 6 minutes. Les was shocked when I told him I'd never made a snowman before. Yes, I did grow up in Salt Lake City. It seems to me that we tried making snowmen all the time growing up. I think we even tried making a snowfort a couple times. But, the snow was never quite packable enough and our packing and rolling never amounted to much.

Now, I realize that this my first snowman is quite ugly. We couldn't find the traditional peices of coal for the eyes and mouth so we scavenged for other things. The best we came up with was this candy cane mustache. Gus was actually not very interested in the snowman until we added candy to it.

While Les was in the house looking for eyes, nose, and mouth he locked us out of our house accidently - on his way out the door. So, all 3 of us were stuck out in the cold for an hour or so while Les looked for a way to break in and then my mom was able to come and bring a spare key (we did go the our neighbor's house while we waited)

When we returned home we found our poor snowman had tipped over. It was a very interesting day. We'll probably have to attempt this same project again next time it snows so we can get everything right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I see how it is...Now we are referred to as just "the neighbors..." Preesh!!!

Christy said...

Yeah! You made a comment! I know, I know I really struggled with how to say that - "neighbors". I thought about saying "we went to our most awesome Bishop and Mrs. Bishop's/ friend's house", or "our most amazing best neighbor Hawaii friend's house" or even "Gus's best friend's house" would have worked. I just couldn't get it quite right-so I just went with the simple route.