Monday, December 17, 2007

My Birthday/ Making me Happy

10. Yesterday was my 27th Birthday. I am excited about being 27. I think it will be a good year.

9. We had an amazing visit with our friends Colby, Amy, and Steven this week. They brought yellow curry from Tai Siam. We played tripoli and laughed our guts out. And then they put on a concert for us right in our living room. It was so beautiful with the Christmas lights behind them and the mixture of sounds. I felt like I was in a different world. (Surprisingly the guitar, harmonica, cello, and accordian really blend well together - at least when you are as talented as they all are.)

8. On Saturday I found a rug on craigslist and so I drove out to Herriman (beautiful mountain neighborhood way out west) to have a look at it. It turned out that the home had been in the Parade of Homes and they were now selling all the furniture. I about hyperventilated with excitement as I walked through this gorgeous house. I did buy the rug and I also bought this white bowl. It was $10 - how could I resist. This was my birthday present to myself.
7. Thank you to all the kind people who have sittered Gus the last few weeks. We've had a lot going on and we've really taken advantage of our sitters. My favorite part is to hear what Gus did while we were gone. Last night Brigita said that he sang them a song. He made muffins with Hannah. And my mom always brags about his long attention span - especially when it comes to cooking.

6. I finally found some things to give Les for Christmas! I hope you like them honey.

5. It is so nice to have a tree up this year. We weren't able to use any of our Christmas decor last year because we were in the process of remodeling the house.

4. Les and I have been watching all kinds of Christmas and psuedo Christmas movies (the ones that just take place at Christmas time). Les and I are constantly quoting lines from this, one of our favorite movies, "Millions". It came out in 2004. The first time you watch it use the closed caption - that way the wittiness won't get lost in their thick accents. There is even a mormon missionary camio in this flick.

3. This week is going to be so fun and a little crazy. We have a party every night this week. And we are also eating dinner out every
night this week...scary. I could so easily gain 10 pounds.

2. Les gave me this set of allrecipes.com 'tried and true' cookbooks for my birthday. I've wanted these forever. Thanks honey! Lots of good cooking to come.

1. I received lots of cards and gifts from friends and family yesterday. I felt very loved. This cards was from my mom. She's funny.


2 comments:

Fancy_Glancy said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! (Late) Glad to hear you had a good day! LOVE the rug....of course it goes perfect with everything in the room.

Have fun in Idaho and call us when you get back :)

Mis

Anonymous said...

HAppy Birthday Christy!!!