Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Blake Family Cruise


Les and I have decided that the Blake family has waited long enough and we are finally going on a cruise! That's right - I said Family - we're taking Gus. We got what we think is a pretty sweet hook up from Les's cousin. We will depart in November for a 7 night extravaganza to the Mexican Riviera, on a boat that Les's dad already nicknamed the Tijuana Sea Witch. (We have some Grandmas & Grandpas/ babysitters coming with us - thank goodness)

Now I need some advice from all of you... has anyone been on a Norwegian Cruise? Is this a good cruiseline? Kid friendly? Non-drinker friendly? What about Mexican cruises - anyone experienced in this field?

5 comments:

Dede said...

Well...my parents went on an Alaskan Cruise last year and I'm pretty sure it was on Norwegian. They loved it!!! My aunt travels a lot and I think she recommended it. I'm excited for you!!

Alicen said...

Darrin and I were just talking about how we really want to go on a cruise too. Darrin used to think he would be sea-sick, but I've gotten people who have gone to convince him that he won't. This is our five year coming up, so hopefully during this coming year or beginning of next.

We'll have to hear how yours goes first. How fun for Gus to go! I have heard there are cruises with places to drop off the kiddies for a little R&R sans child. I'm excited for you guys! :-)

brittani c. said...

I've never been on a cruise, so I'll have to live vicariously through you when you get back and blog about your experience. About the drill team videos, Andrew has asked me for a long time about how the Accadians did their thing. A few months ago, I popped in a video and he got bored with it. I mean, come on? Maybe 2 hours of it was too much?

The Goughs said...

I really am not experienced in this field with kids. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon...on Royal Carribean. So sorry that I am not more help - but a CRUISE! Awesome. You guys will have a blast.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Paul's sister went on a Mexico cruise last summer. She said it cost a lot more than they thought it would because of all the tipping. So be prepared.