Thursday, April 17, 2008

HGTV

I watched Design Star on HGTV last season and I voted for the cute and sassy Kim Myles. And I know my vote counted because she won. I quite enjoy her show Myles of Style. I haven't loved everything she's done but she has a very accessible style. Here are two projects that I thought reflected some genius.

This mantle was made out of a dining table. I love this idea! I want to try it.
This second project was a family room/ media room. I love the spicy orange walls with the bold lime green. Check out the way she organized the books by color in the bottom photo.



By the way, I am really disappointed with the changes on HGTV. I'm sorry to say the designers we see don't come close to the rooms of those fabulous Canadian designers Debbie Travis for heavens sake, Sarah Richardson, My Parents House. I also loved Kenneth Brown. Where did they go?

2 comments:

Fancy_Glancy said...

Kim is one of my favorites! I watched this episode last night actually, where she made the mantel out of the table. I thought it was genius too, it looks great!

Kirk Glancy said...

By the way, that previous comment was Missy and not fancyglancy....I dont watch design shows....often