Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Recipe 1.5

I have a follow-up to the blonde brownies post. These cc cookies (recipe from Les's aunt Sharon) are maybe the best homemade cookies I've ever tasted - crispy on the outside, soft inside. However, I have not yet been able to master them. For some reason mine come out too flat. Nevertheless, here is the recipe if you'd like to see if you can do a better job than me. And, if you find the answer to my problem please tell.

Cream together:
1 cup shortening (those crisco shortening sticks work really well)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
Mix in:
1 t vanilla
1 t soda
1 cup flour
Then add:
1-2 1/2 cups flour (depending on how much moisture is in the air - this is my problem!)
3/4 t salt

Mix together and add 6 ozs chocolate chips
Bake at 350 for about 13 minutes.

0 comments: