Monday, April 07, 2008

Horton


On Saturday evening Les went to the Priesthood session and then to dinner with my sister's husband Mark and a co-worker. So, my sister and I decided to take the kids to see Horton Hears a Who. This was to be Gus's first ever movie in the theater and I was a little apprehensive about how he would act. (I was pretty confident considering how well he did at a Jazz game just a few weeks ago) I packed up lots of treats and I had a talk with Gus beforehand about what was going to happen... we were going to watch a "show" (his word) in a big dark room on a TV lots bigger than ours - and the movie was about a cartoon elephant. Gus loves elephants, so from that moment on, until we got to the movie, he was doing his elephant impression.

The movie was super outstanding. It is very rare that I leave a movie and think - I can't wait to buy that movie. Gus did so well that I kind of felt bad Les wasn't there to see his reaction to the new experience. At first he was a little nervous - it was loud and the screen was so big. I did put some tissue in his ears - (which he took out immediately and put in his mouth.) But, soon he was oohing and ahhing, at one moment he even stood on my lap and cheered.

1 comments:

Alicen said...

So, it was good huh? We'll have to take Malia. Gus is getting so big! Sounds like he has his parent's passion for good cinema.