Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Event #2


The day after my work luncheon I was to carry out the Ward Campout. Our campout last year was my first activity being in this calling so it was pretty simple - not a lot of fluff. So, this year I tried to amp it up. And I might have gone overboard a little bit. Thank goodness for a forgiving committee. We had a chili cook-off for dinner, a game after dinner, we brought a projector and showed the Princess Bride, and then we had canoeing the next morning. I think I'm learning that the food is the main thing that people care about. Everything went well. No bear attacks. The campsite (up Weber canyon) was really beautiful. It was nice to spend some time in nature.


Gus scoping out the canoeing

Gus and Les hanging out in our tent

Our dope ward

2 comments:

Jessica Marie said...

I wish we could have stayed overnight! I would have loved the movie and time at the lake! Our ward is really lucky that you have this calling.

chloeandfamily said...

Good job Christy! It sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by Monday night. We love when the Blake's come over! Hopefully Gus wasn't too traumatized by Tessa's war paint. :)