Monday, August 25, 2008

Yearbook

(sorry about the poor quality - I just used photo booth. This picture is missing Adrienne & Amy)

It's probably a girly thing to do but I love pulling out the wedding video, old photo albums, or an old note from a friend and oozing over old memories. Last night I pulled out my yearbook from my Senior year at BHS to show a picture to a friend. I couldn't put it down. I got all nostalgic and scanned through the photos and read the cheesy notes for over an hour. It was awesome. I want to share a few good ones. (This will mainly be enjoyed by those I went to high school with.)


Thanks for being such a cute friend. I will always remember you.
Josh Hansen
(yeah, this came from a guy - weird. and funny. I noticed he was voted most likely to retire at 30...and, it could actually happen)

Here we are at the bridge of life. The times together are forever imprinted in my brain, from the short love affair to the silly fights and heated conversations. I will miss you while I'm gone. ..It is weird how things turn out over long periods of times. Although our friends aren't as tight as they used to be and some almost non-existent I will always consider you one of the best friends I have... It has been a high school to remember. I love you always.
Lucas
(he was leaving for boot camp in a few days. In person- really funny, in print - very serious)

Have a great summer.
Dede Hughes
(message #1)

Christy, You are so great! ... I really did appreciate the times I had with you. Hopefully, they won't stop here. I went to a XXX bar last night and it made me realize how much I like you. I think I'm a lucky guy to be this close to you. In all seriousness, I treasure the fun times that you were a part of. If you hold me, I'll hold you back and then some. Memories are good but you know what's better? Hamburgers and Hotdogs. Thank you baby.
-Tyler Sorensen "Stallone"
(maybe the funniest guy i know. currently in medical school)

...I thoroughly enjoyed the times that we shared, especially when we were sucking face. (*didn't happen) When I wasn't with you, I was always thinking of you. Please do not water balloon me or start a fire in my house. However, you can come to my window whenever you need a friend. Heart, Reese
(also in medical school. he was so fun to play tricks on - like the time we spelled REESE about 20x40 in the snow in his backyard - in the middle of the night)

Bateman -
You are hot! I love you!
Heart, Dede
(message 2)

I love you.
Heart, Dede (your best friend)
(message 3 - there are more)

How come cannibals can't eat people like you? Because they can't keep a good woman down! Thanx for being my buddy.
Roane
(sweet sweet seminary president)

Bateman -
You and me in study group were like mashed potatoes. It is likely that we were meant for each other since 9th grade. I wish we could be on the same team next year. Keep in touch -k-
Pimps forever.
Love, Sean Mawhinney #32
(not one of my immediate group of friends. smart guy, baseball guy as you can see)

Christy-
We've been through a lot of s--t together. I'll always consider you one of my closest friends. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I love you man.
DJ Rosevear
(great guy. good thing he wants to be my friend since he married one of my best friends)

4 comments:

Dede said...

Oh my goodness..I'm dying. Tyler note is so classic Tyler. I'm a little embarrassed that I wrote such lame things. I wish I wrote something more heartfelt like:

Let's go somewhere and promise to be friends forever.

Oh wait...I said that shortly after. Does that make up for the lame things I said? Oh...high school.

Heart, Dede Hughes

Christy said...

High school wouldn't have been nearly as fun without Dede's classic quotes. I still think of you every time I hear "Adia".

Jamie said...

Love this! :)

Sean said...

If I had known by yearbook quote would be immortalized on Blogger, I totally would have come up with something wittier.